I made those pouches so the boys could carry some toys with them when we are on the go, particularly their growing collection of Hotwheels.
When looking for inspiration, I saw this tutorial that I loved because of the shape and more particularly because it was fully lined. But, I also saw a pattern by Kevin Kosab in Stitch Summer 2011 that I liked because its extremities and bottom fabrics were different than the ones on the side panels. So, I went from there and made those two pouches.
For interfacing, I used fusible fleece for the shell that I quilted with straight lines. I particularly love how the grey one turned out. The print size was perfect for the pouch size and the image on both sides are different.
Both my boys were happy to get those cases. Particularly the elder, who understood that I was making this for them and keep asking me if they were done.
It seems like I'm still on the Christmas beat, doing some little projects for the ones I loved. But, I can wait to jump on my quilt projects. I have the blocks from the Fat Stash Bee that I can no longer wait to assemble in a quilt top. Here they are.
This was the first layout I had planned. But, I changed my mind. I hope to be able to show this to you by the end of the week.