I made a second one this fall. This time, I decided to use a hidden magnet snap for the closure as I realized it wasn't such a good idea to press on a snap while eyeglasses are in the case.
As I was doing it, I took some pictures of the different steps in order to write a little tutorial. Well, that day has come. I thought it was good idea to prepare this for you before the Holidays as these can make some nice gifts. Also, I can't hide you that there was a little motivation to make it now: the Handmade with Love event hosted by Pink Chalk fabrics:
To make one, you will first need to download, print and cut this template. Make sure you don't apply any scaling to it. And now the list of supplies and instructions.
- 9" x 9" piece of cotton for the exterior.
- 9" x 9" piece of flannel or another soft fabric for the interior.
- 9" x 9" piece of firm interfacing, like Timtex or Peltex.
- Hidden magnetic snap. I used the ones enclosed in a vinyl casing.
- Coordinating sewing thread.
And here you have it, a nice case to protect your eyeglasses or to offer to someone as a gift.
If you make one of these, I would love to see it! Please add a photo to the pool of my flickr group. Thanks!